2001 Toyota 4Runner Replace Front Side Marker
The 2001 Toyota 4Runner's front lighting system is made up of three pairs of light assemblies. The headlights make up one pair and use a dual high/low beam bulb. The turn signals make up the second pair. The third pair of assemblies are the side markers. The side markers are on the outside of the headlight assemblies. If the lens breaks on the side marker, you must replace the entire assembly. Replacing the side marker should take no longer than 10 minutes to do.
|Phillips head screwdriver|
Replace Front Side Marker
- Open the hood of your 4Runner. Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove the side marker retaining screw. The screw is located on top of the grille, between the headlight lens and side marker lens.
- Pull the side marker assembly away from the vehicle's body.
- Unplug the side marker electrical connector. Grasp the connector as close to the assembly as possible and pull it off the prongs. Rotate the bulb holder counterclockwise and pull it out of the side marker assembly.
- Insert the bulb holder into the new side marker assembly. Rotate it clockwise to lock it into place.
- Plug the electrical connector into the prongs of the new side marker.
- Position the side marker into place then reinstall the retainer screw.