2003 Toyota 4Runner Change the Front Parking Light
Toyota debuted the 4Runner in 1984. With each significant change in the design or structure of the truck, Toyota branded a new generation of the 4Runner. The fourth generation of 4Runners began with the 2003 model year. The 2003 4Runner is equipped with parking lights mounted on the outer edge of the headlight assembly. If your parking lights burn out in your 4Runner, you can change them from the engine compartment. Buy a 168 bulb from an auto parts retailer or Toyota dealership and replace the bulb yourself to prevent a costly service center appointment.
Change the Front Parking Light
- Raise the hood of your 4Runner to access the rear of the parking light assembly. Disconnect the wiring harness connection by pulling the connector apart.
- Remove the mounting screw with a Phillips screwdriver. The mounting screw is on the outside edge of the light assembly.
- Pry the claw connector off the inside corner of the light assembly with a flat-head screwdriver. Slide the light assembly forward out of the front of the truck. Pull the bulb out of the light assembly by pulling it straight back.
- Insert the new bulb straight into the light assembly. Insert the light assembly into the mounting area.
- Secure the assembly with the mounting screw and tighten the screw with a Phillips screwdriver. Push the claw connector onto the post on the rear of the light assembly.
- Connect the wiring harness by pressing the connectors together until they click into place. Repeat the process on the opposite side if needed. Test the lights to be sure they function properly.