2003 Toyota 4Runner Remove Rear Wiper Arm
In addition to the wipers on the windshield, the 2003 Toyota 4Runner also has a wiper arm on the rear window. Over time, like all wiper arms, the rear wiper arm begins to lose its effectiveness and should be replaced. Replacing the rear wiper arm on a 2003 4Runner is a relatively simple process that takes only a few minutes.
Remove Rear Wiper Arm
- Park the 4runner and turn off the engine. Make sure the rear wiper is in the neutral "OFF" position.
- Release the four claws on the rear wiper arm head cap. Remove the head cap.
- Use a wrench to remove the retainer nut on the wiper arm. This will loosen the wiper arm.
- Pull the wiper arm up to remove it. Remove any dirt from the rear wiper pivot.
- Install the replacement blade into the rear wiper pivot. Tighten the retainer nut to secure the wiper. Replace the head cap and reattach the four claws to lock it into place.